In this webinar you will learn what it means to be a consultant, why clients need your skills, how to leverage your expertise and what the requirements are to be successful. It is a good primer for people already in the consulting business and an excellent educator for those thinking of becoming a consultant.
This class will explain the do’s and don’ts of selling yourself, basic selling skills you need to know, how to develop a professional image and many marketing tactics and strategies. The class goes through the process of identifying potential clients, what needs to be in a proposal, common terms and conditions that should be included and how to negotiate contracts with your clients. Finally the workshop will help you identify costs you need to recover, calculate your base billing rate and equip you with approaches to charge for your services that help maximize your returns.
- Being a Consultant – Positives and Negatives
- Setup – Business Structure, Choice of Entity
- Getting Clients – Business Development and Marketing
- Proposals and Contracts – SOW, NDA’s, Important Terms
- Pricing – Fee Structures and Costs
- Know what a consultant does and why your client may need one
- Understanding your clients’ need
- Managing scope of work and scope creep
- How to set expectation
- Know the process involved in creating a consulting business and landing new client account
- How to price your services to make a profit
What People are Saying About This Class
- “Snappy pacing, Engaging, Clear, Riveting”
- “Good information and knowledgeable presenters”
- “Great class, now I feel more prepared and knowledgeable
- "Very clean explanation of a consultancy overview and things to think about."
Registration Fee: $60.00
Veterans: Free admission is available for this class. Click Here for details.
This is a video conference class. The password protected link to join will be included in the registration confirmation email.
If you have trouble registering, send an email to email@example.com